Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this install was actually pretty easy (for me, at least!). Because the weather has been just awful in the Tampa Bay area for the last week, I got impatient and took my OBX headers to Rainbow Muffler in St Petersburg, where Rick and his guys took care of everything. They even put in the front lowering springs and sway bar that I've been too busy to install.

Rainbow did a great job, real solid work. The headers sound great, they made a real difference in how the exhaust sounds. We deleted the resonators last month when we put in a universal Magnaflow muffler, so it sounds a bit ricey at higher RPMs, I'm hoping break-in time will help that out- maybe you guys have some ideas about that?. Otherwise will be going back to get that fixed. Now just waiting for a tune from Tom so I can start driving the car like it was meant to be driven.

Will post pics when the rain dies down.
How's everybody's Wednesday coming ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
So this install was actually pretty easy (for me, at least!). Because the weather has been just awful in the Tampa Bay area for the last week, I got impatient and took my OBX headers to Rainbow Muffler in St Petersburg, where Rick and his guys took care of everything. They even put in the front lowering springs and sway bar that I've been too busy to install.

Rainbow did a great job, real solid work. The headers sound great, they made a real difference in how the exhaust sounds. We deleted the resonators last month when we put in a universal Magnaflow muffler, so it sounds a bit ricey at higher RPMs, I'm hoping break-in time will help that out- maybe you guys have some ideas about that?. Otherwise will be going back to get that fixed. Now just waiting for a tune from Tom so I can start driving the car like it was meant to be driven.

Will post pics when the rain dies down.
How's everybody's Wednesday coming ?
What does "ricey" sound like? I'm also from Tampa Bay lol. The weather has been shiiiit for the past week and I've got a new rmm to install, Cobb hangers, headlights. Hooray for Florida weather lmao

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
I currently have fswerks stealth exhaust and dna motoring catless headers. I have a small video clip of my exhaust but unsure how to post it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right? Just awful. If it's not blazing hot or wicked humid, its raining. I live in an apartment so I have to use my friend's driveway to do installs. Conditions have to be juuust right for me to get to working on my car.

Ricey.. Its got that raspy sound? Im not sure how to describe it- but its wicked loud and I got pulled over last night for the noise. If I don't mash on the accelerator its fine, but a soon as I hit the gas hard its there, all through the RPM range above 2500.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would love to see the video. Maybe put it on youtube and post the link here?

Like a tin can! Exactly. Drives me bonkers.
Where in the Tampa area are you? I usually hang out around the north St Pete area by Gandy and 4th St N

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not in Tampa exactly. I'm just south of it. Small town called Ruskin lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not in Tampa exactly. I'm just south of it. Small town called Ruskin lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using FF Mobile
I know Ruskin! I've been down there a few times. Bit of a drive though for me- you are on the exact opposite side of the water.

·
Registered
165 Posts
it's "header" not "headers"

"headers" would only apply where there is more than one exhaust manifold...

been seeing this misnomer used too much lately

·
w/ my magic bag
29,324 Posts
Right? Just awful. If it's not blazing hot or wicked humid, its raining. I live in an apartment so I have to use my friend's driveway to do installs. Conditions have to be juuust right for me to get to working on my car.

Ricey.. Its got that raspy sound? Im not sure how to describe it- but its wicked loud and I got pulled over last night for the noise. If I don't mash on the accelerator its fine, but a soon as I hit the gas hard its there, all through the RPM range above 2500.
You'll need a stealth muffler for sure......btw two Magna-flow 5''-6'' diameter x 22''-24'' case length fit after the flex....You'll want to use 2.5'' in/outlets.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts