Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot on noises for the Focus. I raised my car up today in an attempt to narrow down my thumping creaking noise from the right side engine compartment when I turn the wheel at low speeds. I turned the key on so I can override the lock mechanism. I went outside and turned the wheels left to right and could hear the noise. I discovered the right side upper strut bearing was jumping as I turned the wheels. The bearing would bind and then finally break loose and move with the wheel before binding again. The spring is not broken and seated properly in the flange.

Due to some great review of the SVT suspension upgrade kit I will install that and new strut bearings and hopefully be good to go. Im surprised how well the suspension has held up for me as compared to others. I havent replaced anything yet but the mid support bearing for the driveshaft right side. Highway miles help I guess.

Great website[thumb]

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think that is the exact same problem I have. If the car has been sitting for a while and I turn the wheel all the way to one side and then back, I hear a loud clunk. It's probably the bearing releasing. After I do this several times it goes away.

I'm planning on replacing the bearings, and I'm trying to decide if I want to install the SVT suspension.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at the F2cars.com site. Know anything about? They have real low price SVT setup for $225. Site loks a little plain to be legit. And prices very low?
But I will buy thru them if its a real site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts