Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just picked up a 2001 Focus SE Wagon 2.0 DOHC. Its got some issues but I'm working on those. Picked it up from its previous owners who were idiots. They had 4 quarts more oil than was supposed to be. it was blowing white smoke and they thought it had a blown head gasket. It doesn't so the $700 I paid for the car was a steal. I live in Oak Harbor and am a member of another car group on Facebook called Oak Harbor car Junkies. They have 2 meets every week. I look forward to getting my car on the road again and meeting up with some of you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. Even got extra oil! :) It's nice it was such an easy fix. I just recently bought an 07 focus st from a lady in Silverdale. She just decided not to put oil in the car. When I took it for a test drive it was so low I had to put oil in it before I even bought it.
Do you know of any meets closer to the Bremerton/Port Orchard area?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know of any meets in that area. The car however has other issues. It has 138k and I have no idea if the timing belt has been changed and it has a rough run issue up to about 3-4k RPM. I also need to replace the fuel pump assembly because there is an issue with the fuel level sensor. There were EGR codes. I replaced the EGR Valve Pressure Sensor and the EGR Vacuum Solenoid and it hasn't changed anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I figured out that I had 1 or more bad plug wires. So new set of plug wires later im back on the road again :)

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Welcome to the both of you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts