Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!

A little over a month ago I bought a shiny new 2012 Ford Focus Sedan, the SE trim with pretty much all of the options I wanted (SFE package, 6 spd auto, Sync, Sat radio, etc.) Over the span of several months I had the silly idea of buying a new car in the back of my mind, however I only got serious about it about 3 months ago. Lots of research later, I decided that this car will fit my needs just fine.

I visited a few dealers, and I wasn't expecting too much until I saw one of these new Focuses in person. Wow! Ford really stepped their game up in many ways, and I instantly knew that I could see myself in this car.

For all of the options and the color that I really wanted, I had this feeling that I would have to either order the car or have the dealer find the thing somewhere else. Luckily they had the exact car I wanted, right in their lot! And it was only sitting in the lot for 3 weeks (checked the Etis site) I took a big breath and said "I'll take it!"

Ever since, I haven't had buyer's remorse at all. Every day I look forward to driving it, and I'll even look back at it and admire this sleek looking car in the parking lot. In fact a friend of mine didn't believe me that it was a Focus until he looked at the badge.

But anyways, I ran across this forum by "accident" and I'm glad I did. It's nice to see that everyone here can share their ideas, complaints and experiences. I even picked up a few good tips about this car.

I see that some are really into customizing their Focus to their liking, and that's awesome. I'm pretty much ok with the appearance (for now), however I wouldn't mind changing out those ugly aerodynamic hubcaps to some decent looking aluminum wheels. In fact Ford seems to offer some good looking wheels for this car, I just wonder if it would cost arm+leg since it's OEM. I like everything else about the SFE package, except the wheels! I just hope that changing the wheels doesn't negate the benefits of the option.

Don't expect me to post a ton, but if I have any questions or my .02 to add to a topic, I'll do so!

[ffrocks]

·
Registered
364 Posts
welcome to the site!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Congrats!!! Hope you like yours as much as mine! Just picked mine up last week in Atlanta. Actually have to take it in today because driver side rear tire has a leak, Other than that no issues, it was built in October so i think alot of the early issues has been corrected on this one.

[welcome]

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. Enjoy your car!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Congrats on the new Focus. Wouldn't expect too much MPG loss with some new rims. I would poke around this site since I have seen some folks selling pretty nice original Focus rims that they replaced with aftermarket ones. Places like Tirerack and Discount Tire can set you up with some rims that wont be prohibitively expensive.

OK, come on, you gotta explain the getup in the picture!! I can't believe no one else asked yet.[scratch]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congrats on the new Focus. Wouldn't expect too much MPG loss with some new rims. I would poke around this site since I have seen some folks selling pretty nice original Focus rims that they replaced with aftermarket ones. Places like Tirerack and Discount Tire can set you up with some rims that wont be prohibitively expensive.

OK, come on, you gotta explain the getup in the picture!! I can't believe no one else asked yet.[scratch]
Because everyone else has heard of furries?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Come on, cacophonous that comment above is not appropriate.

YoteMobile, glad everything worked out for you and thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Come on, cacophonous that comment above is not appropriate.

YoteMobile, glad everything worked out for you and thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the forum.
I have always heard that people that dress up as big furry animals do it for sexual reasons. I have never met anyone that does this so I thought now would be a good time to ask a furry if that is correct.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to everyone for the welcome :)

Yeah eventually I'll look into getting new wheels for it. I currently have 16's, and I'll just stick with that size. Tirerack did have a couple of rims in 16's that looked nice, but my only concern will the TPMS sensors from Tirerack work properly with this car? Has anyone actually tried their sensors? I don't want the Focus whining and crying about low or no tire pressure!

As for the critter..some of the users caught me! Lol..it's called Furry, and like anything else it's just a hobby of mine. Take what some say about it with a grain of salt..I've met some really awesome people through our little group (and a few in the fandom are gearheads, as some of us can talk about cars all day long!)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like anything, if you can think about it, it has happened! Some people like cars -that- much..for example.

But for me and the majority of the people involved..it's just a silly hobby. Some people like to collect stamps. Some make beautiful wood furniture on their free time. I like to run around as some cartoony critter (and make parts for these things, handy from the wrench to the sewing machine!) when there's a function or convention going on.

But yeah, it's a Focus forum..lets keep it that way ;)

I have always heard that people that dress up as big furry animals do it for sexual reasons. I have never met anyone that does this so I thought now would be a good time to ask a furry if that is correct.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Like anything, if you can think about it, it has happened! Some people like cars -that- much..for example.

But for me and the majority of the people involved..it's just a silly hobby. Some people like to collect stamps. Some make beautiful wood furniture on their free time. I like to run around as some cartoony critter (and make parts for these things, handy from the wrench to the sewing machine!) when there's a function or convention going on.

But yeah, it's a Focus forum..lets keep it that way ;)
There is nothing weird with dressing a large furry animal. [rolleyes]

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don't understand why you feel the need to diminish what he likes to do. He is trying to explain it's a hobby and his interest. What's enjoyable to one might not be to another, but there is no reason to judge.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your ride as I enjoy mine !

P.S. Kudos for the costume [headbang]

·
Registered
714 Posts
I don't understand why you feel the need to diminish what he likes to do. He is trying to explain it's a hobby and his interest. What's enjoyable to one might not be to another, but there is no reason to judge.
It was simple joking around with no him/her no harm meant.

It would be no different than I posted a pic of me dressed as the Burger King next to my car. I would expect some sort of comments or I would not be in a Burger King outfit.

He wanted attention.

BTW it is a fetish not a hobby. Hobbies are things like collecting stamps or building model cars.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Costume is awesome man!

I think your the first on the forum with the SFE?
I'm probably wrong.

Welcome aboard!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts