Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone and thank you all for coming![confused]

i can finally post!
I have nothing much to say but, Hi and I'm glad I found this site.
I recently bought a loaded 02 CD Silver SVT. I am thrilled with it. I've had many cars over the years and simply put this is one of the best handling nicest cars I've owned and I've had plenty. It's truly a secret among sport car values out there today, in spite of the funny idle, 3k surge, ocasional stall and even the "What am I out of gass" for no reason I experienced the other day!
$10 G's w/11K. I think I'll keep her....

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
congrats on your new car, and welcome!

go to the dealer and have the new TSB flash done, you will be even happier...

Nick

·
Registered
374 Posts
[cheers] Welcome aboard. I too had the irratic cold idle. There are 2 tsb's to correct these issues. One is to replace the intake rudder clamps and the second is a computer reflash. After these two updates your car should be perfect [thumb] .

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride! Yes, this car is a secret, you got that right. When I bought my 1st Focus in 2000 (the Kona Edition) I knew it was a car with big potential. Even the plain wrap vanilla Focus handles better than some cars twice the price.

And when I test drove my 2003 Infa-Red SVT IU was hooked. The ride, the tunes, the bells and whitles....................

And you made a good choice in coming to this forum, it too rocks!
bfocused

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hi, Congrats on the SVTF and Welcome to the Forums....[:D]

Stupid Question: The Intake Rubber Clamps TSB??? Could someone please explain this to me. I did not know about this one.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
to the best of my knowledge, the 03's were not subject to these. The clamps on the intake manifold were failing so they had a TSB on them.

Nick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I thought something was to this car whrn it continues to come in the rags top ten every year. Now if Ford could just put the focus in JD Powers initial quality top ten.
I still love the car.
I went to the dealer today and had them run the VIN # to see if there were any recalls not yet performed. They printed me out a nice report indicating repair work done on the car, date of build, date of sale. when warranty ends and more.
Nice!
P.S. Does the Technical Service Bulletin for the updated flash require a certain complaint or will my surge do.
Also how do you get a pic on here and how big can it be?

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
every dealer is different, but if you complain of a surge, a high offbeat cold idle and a battery light flicker, they should take care of you.

I don't post many pictures, but there is a place on the site to post your pics. I'm sure someone will chime in with a direct link.

Nick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts