Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of late last Thursday night, both my girlfriend and I are Ford Focus owners! [headbang]

Can't wait to get some wheels on that bad boy right there, plus a drop and tint job for both rides is def in order. It's going to be really fun modding up borth my GF and my FoFo.

(Sorry for the crapy quality of the pics. I am going to try to take some better ones tomorrow.)

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Heh....been there, done that. I met my first serious girl-friend by seeing her driving the same car as I had, a '71 Datsun 510. At the time I was modding my car, and worked for a dealer, so I had access to Datsun info/parts. And her car needed work......

I ended up spending 5x as much time working on her car, as I ever did with her. She had a pretty good car a few years later when we parted...... [bawling]

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
XD thats my dream right there! my gf is always talking about how much she likes the foci and how terrible her jeep is on gas... i just keep saying "Foocccuuussssssss!"

Grats!

·
Registered
115 Posts
i tried talking my fiance into a focus, or any smaller car for that matter as well. because she too drives a jeep which is not great on gas. But she refuses to drive anything smaller than a jeep because she thinks she is to close to the ground and it is "unsafe".

·
Registered
32 Posts
on the 09...
is the grille a black matt or black chrome, black gloss??

im planning on taking off my chrome grill on my 08 and painting that myself in black lol

i dont have money to pay a peon to do the work for me [mad]

also i found 3d carbon kits for the 08 and 09...if anyone was lookin... http://www.3dcarbon.com/ do you think the kits will fit like a glove on the 08 (coupe)

but for my 08, i wanna do a blue body with black grille, lights and eventually interior... my car will look "bitchin" [ffrocks]

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
Nice pair you you got there [:D]. The 09 front ends are a definite improvement over the 08's.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on the 09...
is the grille a black matt or black chrome, black gloss??

im planning on taking off my chrome grill on my 08 and painting that myself in black lol

i dont have money to pay a peon to do the work for me [mad]

also i found 3d carbon kits for the 08 and 09...if anyone was lookin... http://www.3dcarbon.com/ do you think the kits will fit like a glove on the 08 (coupe)

but for my 08, i wanna do a blue body with black grille, lights and eventually interior... my car will look "bitchin" [ffrocks]
The grille is a black chrome type deal. It looks real good IMO but I am also going to paint the grille on the 08 a matt Black.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn, that 09 coupe looks sick in black. I like your 08 too.
Heh heh, the 09 is actually mine... Or should I say ours?

Here's the whole story...

My GF and I (actually I should really call her my fiancé) have been together for 5 years and in those 5 years we both owned crappy, barely functional, cars. When my car died, about a year ago, her car started to run really rough. So instead of buying another used car I decided to buy a new car. Well my GF couldn't afford a new one yet so, me being a nice guy, decided to get a car we can both drive till she can get her own new car. Thus my 08 came fitted with an AutoTrans but I really wanted a 5spd[:(] .

Well we all have to make sacrifices when we are in a serious relationship right? [bash]

Anyway, months later she tells me she wants to buy a new car and not just any new car but a 09 Focus coupe. I said great, go for it!! A few weeks go by then she calls me too go with her too the dealership so I could help her out in making a deal on this "cool ass focus" she found. And to my surprise what do I find? An all black 09 coupe fitted with a proper 5spd Trans and black interior. You guys should have seen the smile on my face.

After many hours of haggling with the dealer guys when finally came to a deal both my GF and I where comfortable with, then drove home as the happiest and luckiest guy in the world [grinking] . Now I need to shop around for wheels again, lol.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sweet man. i know the feeling. my g/f has a 07 sap. we spent NO time puttin the mods on her car. so far she has tint, dropped, fs cai, and svt wheels. its deffinatly fun to share the hobby with the significant other!!
Sweet! Can't wait to get things started with my GF and our Focus'. [ffrocks]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts