Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new here, having just bought my focus in November after having my Bugeye WRX totaled by an inattentive driver. We got rear ended by a VW Jetta and shoved into a Chevy truck. It wasn't fun.

I got a decent deal on the car, and insisted that I wasn't driving it home without having the windows tinted. 2014 Focus SE hatch, Sport Appearance package, moon roof, and backup sensors.

Then of course the first thing I did after getting the car home was pull the badges.

And of course get dog approval.

After driving it for a bit, I blacked out the whiskers and grille area.

And ordered a Steeda CAI.

I haven't managed to get it installed yet, but will soon.

Future plans so far include J2 catback, RMM, and some lowering springs.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got the Steeda Short Ram intake installed.

Steeda occasionally lists things on eBay as a good deal, and this was discounted as imperfect by their standards. The flaw is purely cosmetic.

I've only driven it around the block since installation, but the sound is awesome and throttle response is much quicker!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Color match...

Looks nice in there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What did you use to black out the grill area? I'm looking into doing the same thing with my grille and the chrome bits right below the windows.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What did you use to black out the grill area? I'm looking into doing the same thing with my grille and the chrome bits right below the windows.
I kind of hesitate to say, since there seem to be a lot of differing opinions on it, but I used PlastiDip. As a rubber coating it's removable should I change my mind later or want/need to sell the car and want to return to a stock appearance.

A lot of folks seem to dislike the use of plastidip on our cars, but I say "whatever does the job" and "if you like it then go for it".

·
Registered
6 Posts
I kind of hesitate to say, since there seem to be a lot of differing opinions on it, but I used PlastiDip. As a rubber coating it's removable should I change my mind later or want/need to sell the car and want to return to a stock appearance.

A lot of folks seem to dislike the use of plastidip on our cars, but I say "whatever does the job" and "if you like it then go for it".
Yeah I might end up doing it that way. It might be more difficult to do the other chrome bits below the windows that way though.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More small changes

Rear Ford Overlay

Steering wheel Ford overlay

·
Registered
577 Posts
Looking good so far! Can't wait to see where you take it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's too bad your dog can't appreciate the color matching, but I'm glad you got dog approval anyways!
Dog approval is important! [thumb]

random sticker photo...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My sister gave me shiny door sill plates for Christmas. Just got them on today...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Those door sill plates look really good!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I love the color. Good looking car!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I still really love the color. I wish Ford offered more colors on the Focus than they do.

Oh, and the door sill plates are the ones from Amazon. They shipped from China of course, but they look good.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I see that a lot of people are going to a cold air intake like Steada, etc.....my question is this, I live in CA and have a PZEV engine, will these mods affect the 15 yr/ 150,000 mile emissions warranty....just a question!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts