Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this one is really wierd to me. i have a 00 se focus ATX (yeah laugh it up) ne way. i can start my car fine and everything is ok, but as soon as i put it into reverse or drive the car just wants to die. i have to keep to keep my foot on the gas to keep it alive. i cleaned all the sensors, i checked the plugs there fine wires are good, i replaced the coil, and the fuel pressure is fine. my friends think its the tps or the iac i would like some other opinions from people that have a focus. so ne ideas guys? thanks

Ryan

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, you are on the right track. Clean the IAC first, then move to the TPS if it doesn't get better.

It wants to die when in gear because you put a load on the transmission and my guess is that when it stumbles, the IAC is to blame, so clean it and see if it works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, like it was posted above, check the IAC.

When I put my JRSC on, my IAC wasn't clean, and it caused it to die when I put it in gear, because I too, sadly had a ATX. lol. After I cleaned it, it ran like a charm. [;)]

-Cody

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i actually found the iac and i cleaned it but nothing. im getting my tps tom. morning so i hope that'll be it. is there ne thing else that i could be missing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 01 SE and i had the same problem with a bit more to it also.

i could drive my car around, put it into park and have it stall. it also got to the point where i could put it into drive or reverse and it would want to die but eventually pick back up. i could actually make my car stall by putting it into neutral and then into drive without hitting the brake.

It was indeed the IAC, and it was actually sticking because of the cold temperatures (i live in canada and we've been having -30 weather).

So if you live in a colder climate it could be sticking. I just bought a new one and replaced it.. haven't had anymore problems at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok well i tried a new tps, nothing, i tried a new iacv, still nothing. i cleaned sensors and nothing. i dont know what to do anymore guys! what do you guys think it is?? i need help!!!!!

Ryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts