Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the search function... and saw conflicting opinions.

I have 2000 Focus SE Sedan, went to Discount Tire and test fit a 17" Konig Trouble (et45) and a Kumho 711 in 215/45-17...

Looked AMAZING, even with NO drop it fills the wheel well nicely.

It seemed pretty tight, will I have rub problems?

I plan on installing a SVT suspension kit, 3/4" drop... with KYB GR-1's... and the SVT rear anti-sway bar.

I'm looking for a subtle EURO-STYLE BMW-esque ride quality... sound good?

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Do you know the offset of those wheels? if it is around 40, then I dont think you should rub. except with heavy loads going over large bumps.

I Have 215/45/17 offset around 40 (cant remember exactly) and im stock height. I have only rubbed twice ever, and that was at almost full spring compression with the wheels turned ( a dip in the road around a hard corner going fast).

to summarize: you shouldnt expect problems, you can use a 215/40/17 if you're worried

edit: typos

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must say... the 215/45's look baaaaaad azzzzz on the car. And the 17x7 Konig Troubles have a 45mm offset.

·
Registered
433 Posts
shouldnt have any problems...i'm runnin prokit drop and 215/40/18 on the troubles and loooove them...no problems yet

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hondaluver said:
shouldnt have any problems...i'm runnin prokit drop and 215/40/18 on the troubles and loooove them...no problems yet
awesome! your ride is ridiculous... really nice.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have 17" Kazera KZ-S's 45mm offset and kumho 711 215/45/17's on my ST now with no rubbing problems. I had these on the other focus with a 1.5" drop and I didn't notice any rubbing either. You should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts