Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a magnaflow muffler and was gonna get custom piping done my question it better to do from cat back or delete the cat? dont want it that loud. and was thinking about Y at the end and have it come out in front of each rear tire anyone have that done? all gonna be 2 1/2 piping

·
Registered
100 Posts
I ended up buying a set up with two magnaflow mufflers,one replacing the cat its louder than factory but not enough to annoy...

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i have a MBRP 2.25inch exhaust with a f2 header and its loud as sin.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok cool thanks ill just keep the cat but has anyone ran them out the side in front of rear wheels

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
u cant delete the cat unless u do a header. the cat is a part of the header.

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
He's talking about the 2nd cat that's right after the flex pipe.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ok cool thanks ill just keep the cat but has anyone ran them out the side in front of rear wheels
I was/am thinking about removing the "lunchbox" and having the exhuast come out in front of the rear tire. I say go for it. Uniqueness

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Is that a CAT or a resonator? I mean the second one after the flex. The only reason I ask is because I know on the 08' it's a resonator.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I deleted the 2nd cat, no header and its still pretty loud, if your going for quiet keep the cat and throw a res on there!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
He's referring to the cat that's after the flex. He called it the second cat refering to the manicat as the first cat. Here kitty, kitty, kitty...oops sorry. Too many cats running around. LOL.
ahahahah

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
IIRC, my car had a cat after the flex, so 2 total...one after the flex, the other at the header

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got the the muffler installed 2 1/2 back from cat it is loud as shit lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts