Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So all this messing around looking around trying to sort out my idle issue I have stumble across a issue with my EGR. Tube going into EGR was cross threaded So Egr will have to be replaced. But considering what one online cost compared with one locally will have to wait few days But what I have done was put back in Egr best I could and plug Vacum line from Egr and 2 vacuum lines from tube to the DPFE (it is cracked). Question is car has no difference in running there is no CEL came up is this normal?

·
Registered
17,479 Posts
The CEL may take a day or a week to show, BTDT.

Your question of no difference in running is meaningless without some qualifying idea of what that difference is or would be.

Flopping like a dying fish there. The EGR valve must be off the car to see the crossthread, time to check for leak at internal is then. Then toss the whole EGR idea, not the issue. DPFE is junk if cracked into the body or supply tubes.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no difference in the way motor runs or idles. I will try to take a picture of the EGR the threads are beyond repair. Had it off once.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts