Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a phone call on my way home from work last night that my friend Mike was just involved in an accident. I rushed over to the scene and found that the car had lost control and went into a curb, sideways, at about 50 mph. It rolled and came to rest shortly after. Airbags did not deploy, but Mike and his friend seem to be ok. Something seized or broke on the front that caused the car to spin out of control.

This was my first car. I did a lot of work to it myself and was excited to sell it to a friend only two months ago. a growling noise developed a couple of days ago during acceleration that sounded like an axle issue. We were going to check it out Sunday, but sounds like it was too late. I still have an emotional attachment to this car because it was my first and a lot of fun. On a positive note, I have added a few pics at the end of my new Z3. It is a great car but so far lacks that attachment I had to the focus.

He did not have collision coverage. We will be parting out this car soon. It is a 2004, 2.3L, 77,000 miles. Engine and trans are great. K&N cai, Eibach sportline springs (after inspection), SCT II pcm tuner, uninstalled BSD kit, 2 or 3 very good 215/40-17 General Exclaim UHP tires, a few other aftermarket parts, and anything else that can come out of the car. Most of the interior is in there and in very good shape.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Lol that pic is incredible hahah[:0]

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Damn that sucks, but to be honest it looks damn good for a roll over I'd say with a little TLC and time she'd be fixable for sure. The roof and the doors are always the first to go in a roll over and they look good. Normally I wait a little bit to not rub salt in the wounds of the owner/ previous owner. But sense you are already making a list of items to sell I'll be PMin you. Sorry for the loss.[bigcry]

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
sorry to hear this man. foci are very safe cars though. being on here i have seen so many people having pretty bad accidents and walking away perfectly fine. by the way, very nice bemmer [thumb]
Unless its a ZX3 and its a side impact to the rear. 1 star FTW!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts