Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
another frustrating amp wire question.

is there any problem with going through the steering funnel? im having a terrble time finding room to drill anywhere else. thanks

i have a 5spd

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
I think that will be fine, I have heard of other people doing this as well and when I go to redo my wiring, I plan on going through there.

Mike

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, i tried drilling right above the hood latch cable, but it was just too hard to get a drill in there

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I went through the metal just ti the right of my column never had any problems just make sure the wire dosen't rub the side of the hole and short out I had more problems putting on the grommet than the hole itself

·
Registered
433 Posts
there may be a rubber grommet unused in your driver doorjam...the easiest way is to wire through the fender into the grommet and behind the kickpanel...have had mine like that for awhile and no problems (4 gauge) there should be a how-to to the likes of it. otherwise...cars nowadays have pretty blank firewalls..mostly...you should be able to pick out a blank spot and drill through. watch fer lines tho

·
Registered
3 Posts
I FOUND such a simple solution to the power cable problem and it took me all of 10mins. ALL you have to do is run the cable where the factory wires come in from the main fuse box under the hood. It will require removing the drivers side inner fender well..Once you do you will see where the harness goes in and thre is a spot right above or below to drill a hole and install a gromet...DONE... Take a peak inside the car, look under the dash and up...you'll see the factory harness right behind the interior fuse box!!!!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Run through the firewall, NEVER through the door jam!!! We have our 4 gauge run under the fuse block under the hood as well as all the cables for the gauges and Pectel computer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts