Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok thankz guys for the last thread on me getting that dumb clamp off my tb hose i installed the cold air in take but i had a problems getting the maf sensor all the way into the maf fixture there was like a lil gap so when this happen i was like forget it what ever but now whenever i drive the car hard and its sucking in alot of air the car will sort turn for like 10 seconds and all the lights come on like when u start up ur car and it has all the check engine lights and stuff

(basically did anybody have problems fitting in there maf sensor into there intake and if u did what did u do to fix it)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Do you have the aem CA? If so i had the same problem with the MAF sensor not seating properly, i lightly lubed the o-ring with some silicone grease and pushed it down on there as hard as i could. I also wasnt to pleased with the new mount for it, the dumb shits at aem used a fine cut die to thread the holes for where the MAF secures, and guess what tards.. ford uses coarse threads for that application. I did notice they provided hex bolts for that reason, but they're too short. So I basically used the stock ford coarse screws to fasten it, hoping it would "re-thread" the holes. I went very slow and was careful to keep the screw at the right angle, it has worked for me, but im not looking forward to the day where i'll have to remove the maf, since im sure those threads on the intake are FUBAR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts