Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im home the 9th 10th and 11th...if we get a crowd of around 3 or 4 or more his can happen...anyone down?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
damn, I'll be passing through on my way to a wedding in Mass. If I'd had the weekend free I'd have gone to visit the parents and met with you guys at Bear Mtn.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
wheres this located? i might be interested in going
Go to google maps and plop this address into the directions box:

Bear Mountain Trailside Museum, Bear Mountain State Park, Bear Mountain, NY

The marker is for the Inn/ Visitor center. The big green area is the parade field, and the parking lots are next to that. There are a ton of pavilions and grills to BBQ at, as well as some stunning views of the Hudson, great twisty roads and even a zoo/ nature center.

I ran cross-country in high school and we had all of our major qualifying meets on the course at Bear Mountain. I love that place. We should maybe plan a nice big event there for the spring... preferably once Storm King Highway is open for the season... that would be a great drive [thumb]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slipster that sounds perfect lol. couldnt agree with you more about the location..1 question tho whats storm king highway? havent heard of it really.

vbut ya somethin big in the spring would be great...maybe bring a bunch of the northeast states into a big meet

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
slipster that sounds perfect lol. couldnt agree with you more about the location..1 question tho whats storm king highway? havent heard of it really.

vbut ya somethin big in the spring would be great...maybe bring a bunch of the northeast states into a big meet
Storm King Highway is a stretch of Rt 218 between the gates of West Point and Cornwall on Hudson

Map

It skirts the Storm King Mountain State Park and overlooks the Hudson along most of its route. It has a good bit of twists and turns along the edge of the mountain, which is great, but also causes it to be shut down to traffic from like, Nov-March due to snows and ice slides.

If we go when its open to traffic, Storm King Highway and its Rt 9W alt. make a great loop.

Loop Map

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i need to take a run on that road next time im home from school looks fun. and theres always the trip to perkins point that would be a great place for photos. idk theres a lot of nice driving roads around the bear mtn area def a good idea

1 - 8 of 8 Posts