Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 focus 5dr manual transmission. It has roughly 44k miles on it with a complete new long block motor rebuild at 26k after spinning a bearing. So for roughly the past 4k miles Ive had a really bothersome pulsating/bogging down feeling under tip in at roughly 2-3k rpms, so I tried a fuel system cleaner and higher octane fuel with zero change to issue. I have taken it the dealership and under warranty I have received:
New Gas tank (had collapsed inwards leaving me with a 10g tank)
new evap system and fuel lines
new alternator
new coils on cyl 1 & 4 w/ new plugs
resealing of motor (again after rebuild).

This is the 3rd time I've taken it to them with this issue. They have their "master" tech on it now but hes just starting on it and is very confused on possible issue. He contacted Ford directly and they say possible Dual mass Flywheel, but its worse when the motor is cold vs warmed up. then mention of possible ESC freaking out but both tires on front are brand new replaced together and Ford tech mentioned that only being an issue going around corners. Now to throw more WTF's with all issues fixed above, prior to fixing them i never once saw a check engine light. The coils were were misfiring all the time during normal driving and hard accel according to Tech. I also go over the Mountain passes where I live pretty regularly and with the car fully loaded it was 5th gear over the pass and maybe 4th gear occasionally, now more recently I had to shift all the way to 3rd gear with car loaded the same. I used to on my daily commute average 28ish mpg and now I am down to 25ish mpg comparing my average from last year. Open to ideas and thoughts to pass to the dealership to get this fixed. So far all they told me was to fill up with techron additive and full tank then disconnect battery for 5 min and then reconnect and drive over pass. being as I literally only use chevron gas and just did this it seems the fuel additive is redundant. correct me if I'm wrong though. thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crank sensor or speed sensor? Did they run a full diagnostic test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supposedly yes. They did have it hooked up and running on one of the test drives to find the coils that went bad.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts