Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am driving home Saturday night and notice that my blinkers refuse to shut off after I make a turn. The little clicky thing must have broke.

Is is worth fixing? At least they still work. I just forget alot of the time to turn them off.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Like the signal arm doesn't go back after you straighten out the wheel, correct? Yeah it's a very simple fix if I recall, you just have to get a replacement arm and it's a 2 minute install, anyone can do it. Pop the top of the steering wheel column cover off and it's literally like LEGO, pull it out, push it in, pop the cover down, done....

·
2,272 Posts
You might want to try a junkyard. All you need to do is find a focus and you're good to go. Then again it may already be broken like yours or just about ready to break because this happens a lot on foci.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hit the junkyards around my area almost every weekend, never really see any focus's. If you do, they were stripped before they hit the yard.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have this problem too. It (for me anyway) is a little more serious. On the steringwheel itself there is a ring that has little projections that cancel the turn signal. to check this, Remove the top cover, take out the turnsignal stalk (there is a little lever on the top) pull out strait up, and remove the curcuit attachment.

Now with the car on (to alow the steering wheel to turn) look inside where the lever was and turn the wheel. You should see a grouping of projections on that ring. If they are broken then a new turnsignal assembly won't do any good. (I found this out the hard way.)

If you do need a new assembly, I can sell you the extra one I have. (Yes it still works.)

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts
This might actually be covered under a TSB. Click on the following link, then choose the corresponding link to what year your vehicle is.

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2279

When you're at the list of TSB's, to determine which Engine type to select . . . if you look at the 6th place from the left in your VIN #, that'll tell you what to click on. Mine is a "3", so I choose "VIN 3". Hope this helps.

Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts