Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes after I start the car up there is a quiet beeping coming from behind the glovebox. It only happens every 1 in 3 or 4 times of driving however.

I'm sure it's not the doors being open because the door light is not on at this time and openning any of the doors does activate the light. I have also had the passenger door sensor changed.

The other issue is, if the lights are left on or a door openned (with the door open light coming on) the car DOESN'T beep to tell me.

Has anyone had a similar experience or can hazard a guess about what might be causing it?!

Many thanks

Neil

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are you sure the sound comes from behind the glove box ? I don't know your car. I drive a 2000 sedan SE and the bell sound comes from behind the fuse latch at drivers side. I never have this problem but I was looking for the central fuse and made it to the back the fuse board.

If this is the normal bell sound reminder, I would check the safety belt sensors because this is the only bell sound when the doors are closed and the key is in the ignition.

... ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

The sound is definately from behind the glovebox, although I am in england, so its possible the fuses are in the same place on both vehicles.

As i remember the mechanic getting at the fuses from behind the glovebox

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ok. Maybe is a false in sensors for the safety belts, because if there is a door open a light sign may come up at the inst cluster. Without the key there is a bell sound, but when the car is running and a door is open there is no bell sound and yes there is a light sign in the inst cluster,maybe the top light remains on. The bell sound is produced at a small black box in the back of the fuse board. You said you just changed the door sensors.

The belt warn will last for a minute maybe but a little separation from the lock and the belt starts the sound again when the car is running. It's very common for my kids not to full close the trunk but this is the last door I check when I read the light warning for a door open.

I hope this may help you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts