Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Euro Focus 3dr build

Hi Im Dan and this is my focus project

The car had been subject to an insurance write off and was repaired. . Thing is with silver focuses is paint a single panel and it stands out a lot. A few panels around the car had been painted but nothing matches so its having a colour change.
So it is
2003 Focus 1.6 Elle ltd edition
Heated black leather interior
AC
Nasty alloys.
Right then in 2000 ford had a body kit option called the Collection which consisted of front and rear bumpers and side skirts. I have got hold of this kit which is getting fairly rare these days.
So trial fit

some 17s

And fitted

So the plan is full colour change, better suspension, better brakes, audio upgrade and maybe an engine swap..

So thats it for now in the coming weeks it shall be stripped down and prepped and painted.. I need it on the road for December.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
collection bumpers are some of my favorite on the mk1.

sweet man good luck

·
Registered
620 Posts
[welcome]

I like that alternative front! [thumb]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers for the comments.. im not keen on the wheel colour either so will be changed. Doing some body mods going down the route of less is more so shaving the boot lock, boot badge and on the euro cars we have door strips so the holes are going. I will be removing the hood washer jets, roof aerial and ill be using later focus mirrors with built in indicators.
Some progress pics. .

More soon

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Real metal bodywork!

Excellent

That will be a real show car when finished.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So with the focus needing a replacement rear quarter panel it was cheaper to get one from the wreckers although not easy.. got it off the car yesterday and today spent time drilling the spot welds to free the skin I need.

Next week I shall be stripping my car out for removing the quarter.. few pics off its ass

Thats all for now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great way to work on your own car!
Nobody other than me or my mates touch my cars haha

Got some pics today off a friend whos workshop my car is at, hes started fibreglassing where the blinkers used to to be on the euro focus.

Got a pic of how the front and rear ends will look eventually, although my tow cap covers will be smoothed too

·
Registered
198 Posts
Why is it that the european cars look so clean and uncluttered. I love it. Any Pics of the 2012 and up?

·
Registered
198 Posts
2012 looks pretty much like yours do although we get the wagon but not the saloon.
I love seeing the modified European cars. I'm more used to seeing the Hondas and Toyotas with the graphics and wings. I love seeing nice, clean looks without the clutter (except for real race cars). What is the "saloon"?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Saloon = sedan. Learned that from the British Top Gear. Haha.

You're gonna a nice clean ride when you're done. Makes me wanna get a welder...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts