Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone im trying to find a 5 channel amp but not sure what brands are good? should i tipically stay with the name brand thats is out there??

im looking at the Polk Audio PA1100.5

* 5-Channel Class D Car Amplifier
* RMS Power Rating:
o 4 ohms: 80 watts x 4 chan. + 280 watts x 1 chan. (@ 1 ohm)
o 2 ohms: 125 watts x 4 chan. + 600 watts x 1 chan. (@ 1 ohm)
o Bridged, 4 ohms: 250 watts x 2 chan. + 600 watts x 1 chan. (@ 1 ohm)
* Max power output: 200 watts x 4 chan. + 1200 watts x 1 chan. (@ 1 ohm)
* PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) MOSFET power supply
* Wired remote volume level control included
* LED power and protection indicators
* Selectable bass boost (0, +8 dB at 40 Hz)
* Double-layer fiberglass epoxy printed circuit boards
* 5/4/3 channel operation
* Subwoofer channel is externally bridgeable with a PA600.1 for even more power! Bridged power is 1200 watts (2 ohm) RMS and 2400 watts Max power!
* Connection for optional LED light bar or optional amplifier cooling
* RCA preamp outputs
* Power/ground-reversal, thermal, short, current, overdraw, and low impedance protection circuitry
* Cast aluminum textured end caps
* Switchable 180° phase inversion
* Variable input sensitivity optimizes match with different signal sources
* Unity gain pass-through RCA jacks
* Mounting hardware with rubber isolation grommets and extra fuses included.
* Effective Damping Factor: >150
* Anodized extruded brushed-aluminum cover for maximum heat dissipation
* Chrome-plated RCA level inputs
* Chrome-plated screw terminals
* Variable high-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
* Variable low-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
* Subsonic Filter (24 dB at variable frequencies)
* CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
* Frequency response: 20-20000 Hz
* Dimensions: 26-5/16"L x 10-5/16"W x 2-9/16"H
* 4-gauge power and ground wiring is required for installation. Contact us for information regarding a discount on select amplifier kits when purchased together with this amplifier.
* 1-year Sonic Electronix warranty

pricing on this is about 440.

-Thanks

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
buy on ebay, ive never had a bad experience and the prices are so cheap with car audio. Make sure its in new in box though. Any name brand will work fine. Polk is good, I always liked Rockford Fosgate though.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
buy on ebay, ive never had a bad experience and the prices are so cheap with car audio. Make sure its in new in box though. Any name brand will work fine. Polk is good, I always liked Rockford Fosgate though.
NO!

Stick to name brands. You buy on ebay and you get no warranty. Buy from a trusted site or store that offers one so your new gear is protected.

·
Registered
433 Posts
X2^^^^^^

Buy a name brand from an authorized dealer. Crutchfield is good, as well as others.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
what focusboy said! yes, you can find some deals on ebay. yes, buying new in box lessens your chances of problems. be be warned, you likely won't have a warranty, and if so it'd probably just be 30 days from the seller or something. so unless you find a deal you just can't pass, which you could later find out why the deal was soo good lol, just spend a little more and buy it from a dealer or a popular website. idk really which brands to tell you, but definitely stick to the name brands on this kind of stuff.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If you can find an Elemental Designs NINe.5, it's worth snatching. Its 100x4 and 600x1, and slightly underrated. A lot of people who have them love them.

Also, the Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 is worth looking at. It's a powerhouse of an amp.

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you can find an Elemental Designs NINe.5, it's worth snatching. Its 100x4 and 600x1, and slightly underrated. A lot of people who have them love them.
We sold out of those some time ago. Its funny, as we initially sold them for $500, used went for $350. Then we dropped price to $350 as a clear out. Now you cant find them used for less than $375. :)

As you mentioned, underrated. It does around 130-140x4 and 800x1 at 1 ohm.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I owned one at one point, bought it on clearance for $350.

Never got around to installing it, though.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
if you want the 5 channel thing i love the memphis belle they work great

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah, I sold it to a dude in New Jersey. He's got it on his speakers and a pair of ID8s

·
Registered
66 Posts
memphis i wood say but its all just in your oppinion kicker probly has something.....but us amps there is alot if ur ewilling to pay the big bucks

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
You will get a "very" wide answer to that question, but id say that the Polk are very good for the $. But in my opinion, JL Audio are some of the best by far. We did all Polk Audio in my managers Accord:

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Memphis FTW. I have all speakers, sub, and amp as memphis. Best quality i've ever heard. Also really nice prices.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Memphis is also very good especially for the $.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't know why, but I've always preferred the smaller brands over the big ones. Brands like Sundown Audio, Audioque, Incriminator Audio, Fi, etc. It's nice knowing you're dealing with a company whose owner you can talk to whenever. Heck I'm facebook friends with the owner of Mach 5 Audio [:D] (Although they don't make amps)

I guess it's also the "Everyone else and their mom has those" syndrome. When you show up with an Ascendant Audio sub and everyone looks at you like [8] and then you blow them away with the sub, it's always a fun to see the look on their face. My favorite moment like that was one time, I had a friend in my car and he asked what I had in the back, and I asked him to guess. He thought I had a pair of 15s. Turns out, I only had one 12" Mach 5 Audio MAW-12... a sub I got for $40.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
i have a kicker 5 channel all ready to go. that suckers gonna power stuff nicely
however my speakers will be bostons stuff most likely

·
Fear the TurboSnail!
6,625 Posts
Here is my memphis set up. The amp is a memphis 500D mono amp. Also for only having one 10" sub it hits hard. Also I'm using the memphis box design for there 10s.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts