Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is a new problem on my focus project. I have currently mounted 2 12" subs (12W6V2) and I am running JL 300/2's bridged for each sub - and a single DB Drive A490 for the front speakers. Here is my problem - during bass blasts (they happen often in my car) the electrial system will drop voltage to about 8 Volts. I have installed a DB Drive 1000 Feric Cap but that is not helping much. It was suggested that I get a bigger battery, ok so I installed an Optimum Yellow Top (if you get one be ready to custom fit your cables as the stock cables will not reach the posts on these). Even with that deep cycle batterie I have the same problems. Dose anyone make a replacement alternator (say 180amps) for the focus? I can have it rewond localy but I was hoping that someone might have seen a higher output alt for this car. Also I am looking for smaller drive pully's for the alt to bring the rpm's on just the alt up.

Thanks for all your help in the past you guys are great :)
Monday My Cat back comes in :D
Eugene Atwood
Technodweeb

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The alt. shaft diameter is the same as a ZETEC. I wonder if someone makes an overdrive pulley that will help you out. If you're into it, measure the diameter of the alt. shaft and go junkyarding and get your own ODP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
More Bass

I Know of a way to help it i did it on my focus and now when the bass hit it dont go below 13 volts run 4 gauge wire from your alt to your battery and 4 gauge your 2 ground wires

1501bd amp 2 punch hx2 15's and 1 power hx2 15 149 SPL

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem corrected, I had the factory Alt rewired to 180amps at a local performance shop - also installed a high power battery isolator and 0 Gauge silver wire to a trunk mounted Optimum Yellow top - and replaced the battery up front with the same. Now even under heavy load I maintain over 14 volts. Thanks for all the help here. My car will be in the South Padre Island Jam car show this march.

Thanks Again
Eugene Atwood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts