Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around and didn't see a thread like this in the how-to or anywhere so this is the big question... I have a mono amp to a single sub mounted through the cover over the hatch (Zx3) I love my system but there are way too many knobs for me to know what to do with... There is the pre-amp out of the head which i have at +10... then the gain on the amp turned up a little... then a bass boost on the amp and another bass boost by my knees that i use for quick adjusting... I want to get the richest rumble at the highest volume but there are a lot of variables not to mention the subsonic and low pass filters... ive been playing with it but would like some info... for all the talk on how to get an amp up and running - i'm surprised to find very little information on this... Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well so you wanna know how to tune your subs better??? A Good starting point is to put every thing to zero and Know gains DO NOT MEAN LOUDER AND SOFTER. After you know that look at the freq knoob on your amp put it to around 120 hz. and Put it to Low pass. Then turn your head unit up to the higher you will ever play it and then you can start coming in with the gain and you can get in the ball park with that way of doing it. If i was there it wouldnt take me long but i'm not of course lol. So thats a great way to get you in the ball park. Don't put gains too high or you will get an alt. wine. Which sounds like a hmm going with your rpms. No good It can also come from bad wiring. So be carefull and good luck to you any other questions just ask

1 - 3 of 3 Posts