1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
That amp will be fine. The subs are setup for a 2 ohm load. Let us know what you think after they are installed.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
that will work fine, wont be very loud. the subs say they can handle 500watts rms that amp will only be doing 150watts per sub 300 total.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
2X's single 4's in parallel=2 ohms.

That's 500 watts with that amp.

·
Registered
30 Posts
according to the site that sub box setup has a final load of 4 ohms, so the amp will only be putting out 300ish watts, you would be better off with a 2 channel amp to get the most power for your money

·
Registered
30 Posts
You can rewire it, you don't have to run it the way it comes.
That is true, but if the box comes wire to 4 ohm, that that means the 2 woofers inside have either single 8 ohm, or dual 4 ohm coils. And there's no way to wire them to a single 2 ohm load, the only options would be 16, 4, or 1 ohm.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
^after looking at it again you are correct, it is a final load of 4 ohms. He still would be fine IMO. I am only running 450 ish and I am really happy with it.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
its a 1 channal amp and only be doing about 300watts rms divide that into 2 speakers and your looking at 150 watts rms each. those speakers say they do 100-500 rms. they are a dual vioce coil 4ohm speakers. take a wire from the outside of the box from - terminal to - terminal . + to + then - from 1 sub to the - on the amp and + of the other speaker to the + on the amp. that will create a 2 0hm load for both speakers. giving you 250 watts a peice wich should be the sweet spot on those subs. its called bridging the speakers instead of the amp.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
2X's single 4's in parallel=2 ohms.

That's 500 watts with that amp.
those are dual vioce coils and in the box cant be ran in parallel. the port seperate the speakers meaning they both have their own terminals

·
Registered
30 Posts
its a 1 channal amp and only be doing about 300watts rms divide that into 2 speakers and your looking at 150 watts rms each. those speakers say they do 100-500 rms. they are a dual vioce coil 4ohm speakers. take a wire from the outside of the box from - terminal to - terminal . + to + then - from 1 sub to the - on the amp and + of the other speaker to the + on the amp. that will create a 2 0hm load for both speakers. giving you 250 watts a peice wich should be the sweet spot on those subs. its called bridging the speakers instead of the amp.
I don't quite understand what your trying to explain here, but there is no possible way to get a 2 ohm final load from two dual 4 ohm speakers. the only possible options are 1 ohm (all coils in parallel), 4 ohm (series/parallel combo) or 16 ohms (all coils wired in series)

To the OP, this amp and sub combo will work together just fine, you just won't be getting the full potential from the amp.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
ok your right, i was tired and made a mistake. i wouldnt be happy with that, running those sub under powered. i would try something else. maybe just a single 12 4 ohm that can handle that 500watts rms. maybe even a single 12 with a diferent amp. like a rockford p3 12 2ohm with a rockford t500bd amp and a 1.75 cu inch ported box.

·
Registered
30 Posts
the box will have 2 terminals on the outside, you wire those terminals together to to bridge the subs then wire it to just 1 output of the 1 channel on the amp. if you hook the subs up straight to the amp it will be at 4ohms, if you wire the 2 sub together on the outside of the box it will be putting the final load at 2 ohms. go + to + on the 2 terminals and - to - then take the - from the right speaker terminal to the - on the amp. then + of the left speaker to the amp. since the speakers are seperated by the port in the middle they are not hooked together inside the box. wire them together on the outside of the box by jumping a wire from terminal to terminal. it will run it at 2 ohm giving 250 watts per speaker. 500 total.
take a look at the link he posted, and look at the pics. the box has only one terminal, so what your taking about is not going to work. even if the box did have two terminals though its still not possible to get a two ohm load. I don't mean to come off as a smartass or anything, especially since I'm new to this site, but I have 10 years of professional car audio experience, so I know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Go with a bigger amp.

Under powering your subs is far more dangerous then overpowering them.

And as a I side note I wouldnt buy anything from crutchfield they are way overpriced on almost everything they sell.

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
1st - these guys with there final decision on resistance loads were correct. Only options are 1/4/16ohm. It was funny reading the catch up from the start of this thread....hehehehehe.

2nd - who the "f" is Sound Ordinance...anyone got some feedback on the brand? Usually, but not always, there is a reason why a reputation does not follow the name of a brand...

3rd - Why a bandpass? Bandpass boxes, although I am not the most experienced with them, are tuned to 1 frequency and therefore sound response is only going to be good on that one note/frequency at only optimum power(which you are under powering). AND YES I SAW WHAT THE SPECS ON THE WEBPAGE SAID AS FAR AS FREQ RESPONSE. In order to get bass from the remainder of a sound wave the user tries to compensate by turning the volume up but to no avail but in turn blows his subs majority of the time.

My suggestions: Choose a setup with a reputation of handling abuse and lasting durability. Match the amp better with requirements needed for the subs for optimum output. I mean if your spending money might as well not waist it. Be able to use every penny of that power you bought. Lastly, do away with a the pretty pretty fru fru bandpass box and get a ported box or sealed box. Those boxes produce better sound usually, even the prefab boxes too!

·
Registered
487 Posts
1st - these guys with there final decision on resistance loads were correct. Only options are 1/4/16ohm. It was funny reading the catch up from the start of this thread....hehehehehe.

2nd - who the "f" is Sound Ordinance...anyone got some feedback on the brand? Usually, but not always, there is a reason why a reputation does not follow the name of a brand...

3rd - Why a bandpass? Bandpass boxes, although I am not the most experienced with them, are tuned to 1 frequency and therefore sound response is only going to be good on that one note/frequency at only optimum power(which you are under powering). In order to get bass from the remainder of a sound wave the user tries to compensate by turning the volume up but to no avail but in turn blows his subs majority of the time.

My suggestions: Choose a setup with a reputation of handling abuse and lasting durability. Match the amp better with requirements needed for the subs for optimum output. I mean if your spending money might as well not waist it. Be able to use every penny of that power you bought. Lastly, do away with a the pretty pretty fru fru bandpass box and get a ported box or sealed box. Those boxes produce better sound usually, even the prefab boxes too!
Ive been watching the show [popcorn] sound ordanance is pretty awfull when given their actuall rms wattage they tend to catch fire [:)] seend it wif my own 2 eyes

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
^^^Never even heard a whisper of the name before. Knew that couldn't be good...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts