Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered 2 kenwood kfc-w3011 12 inch subs 500w max power and a power acoustiks 600w 2 channel amp. Is this gunna be enough for both subs or should I go bigger?

·
Registered
459 Posts
It'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
it will work fine being the rms on those subs will be about half the max power. never go by max power, only rms.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Depends where you have it installed. But I say install it yourself , its really not difficult. And there are enough people on here that can help you along the way. And I also belive that there is a how to, to help aswell. Istallations at places other than where you bought it (you sometimes get parts installed for free when purchasing them there) ca be expensive I know a HU alone install is $40 at CircuitCity and like $100 for amp and more for them to connect the two foot wires to the subs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wish i installed everything the first time i got I.C.E :/

£30 to fit a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] head unit? :|

CarAudio fitters are usually rip-off merchants with businesses.. well they are in England.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
While that amp will power the subs its not ideal. The best amp for those subs would be the Kenwood KAC-9104d....The KFC-W3011 sub is rated at 400w rms and 1200w peak and the KAC-9104d would provide 900wx1 @ 2ohm which would equal out to 450w rms per sub which is great.

As far as doing it yourself vs having someone else do it there is a few ways too look at it...

If you have never done it before the benifits of having a shop do it would be if anything gets broken, scratched, punctured, etc the shop that does it would have to foot the bill vs yourself. Also if you take it say to a Best Buy if you have any problems with it you have over 1000 stores nationwide to take it to who can look at it and fix any issues that were install related. Best Buy would typically charge 70 bucks for an amp install and if you are using a factory radio it would be an additional 69 dollars to purchase and install a line-output converter

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya im more worried about breaking things. i was gunna look and probably attempt it but i can deffinately spare $100 if i cant figure it out.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
indeed...its not rocket science but it can become very expensive very quickly if you are not 100% sure of what you are doing

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree with mrfatride. Pay a qualified shop to do it. It is never as simple as just hooking up a few wires to an amp. If you nuke the gear, or break a trim panel, you will have to pay for it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it all came in today. my dad was pretty pissed that i spent money cuz i got court on thursday but oh well. for the install i just got a scosch 680 watt install kit a roll of speaker wire and battery terminals. is that all ill need to try it myself?

·
Registered
345 Posts
DK what all came in your kit but you'll need a power wire, ground wire, RCA cable, and speaker wire for the subs. So you should have everything. Not to familiar with this thread but are you making your own box?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts