Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i hooked my amp up for my 6.5 speakers, and lo and behold: no power to the amp. my power cable is ran complete, from the battery, but i have doubts for my ground. i put it on the bar for the seatbelt for the moment since i don't have all the tools.

however, i dont think i'm getting any remote. when i put the light tester to it, it doesn't light up. my question is: what could be my problem besides those two?

i'm wondering if maybe it's because the hookup i got from wally world is the right one. there is no connection on the opposite side of the remote wire, so is there supposed to be?

[???:)]

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
1) connect your ground to the metal body under the carpet and sand the paint away for a good connection

2) the remote "turn-on" wire is connected to the amp and the HU. obviously the HU sends the signal to tell the amp to "turn-on". [;)]

What HU are you using?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right you are, but there was still no power coming from my HU. i'm using a kenwood f-MD7 deck. i'll see what i can do later today, though.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I'm not sure if it's too much voltage, but you could connect any power wire to the remote wire to see if the amp is working. If not, then it may be the amp ground or a bad amp. If it does, then it's the HU.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[:)]

did what you said, traced it back to the ground. i was in a hurry, so it was only a temp anyways. as always, your posts are right on target, FocusInCali![thumb]

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
he is the bomb huh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts