Focus Fanatics Forum banner

amp pulling too much power?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Gazookz 
#1 ·
i have my amp hooked up straight to my battery with a fuse in-line of course. it is a 4 channel 1000 watt i believe. powering 4 infinity kappa's

anyways while im driving with my stereo on i notice my lights dim from time to time and also my heater fan will blow slower than faster from time to time kinda like it doesnt have enough power for a lil.

battery was replaced a year or less ago and alt was replaced less than a year ago.

#8 ·
NOO!

I have trouble believe a 4 channel amp is giving you this much trouble.

It is most likely an error in the wiring.

Make sure you have a good and decent ground somewhere that touches the chassis. Everytime your ground you want to sand away at where the bult is going to go and put some vasaline down for better contact. Just curious where is your ground wire.

Also what size power wire are you using.

If your wiring is all good and in check then most likely your alternator or battery is taking a shit on you.

a 4 channel amp should not be pulling that much power enless it is actualy a legit 1k watt amp which I doubt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.