Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a question for you dudes. I got my amp and subs put in but the power line from the battery is run along the door jam. I was wondering if their was a way to thread it through the fire wall so it would look prettier. Also i just got pioneer speakers and they came with wires to hook up to factory set. There are two wires one is grey the other grey with a black stripe. Is the grey with black stripe the ground, i would assume so. By the by i drive a 2k2 zx3

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea that looks that way also, i was just wonjdering if you could hook up the positive and negative ends from the new speakers to the stock wires and was wondering which one to connect to

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
i drilled through the firewall where the steering columb goes throguh the firewall, where the plastic surround is at, i have 3 holes for 3 8 gauge wires. if you interested still in where to drill do a search, there was a post about it not too long ago.

- Scott

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
COOL beans man cuz i need someplace to get the power cable near the steerin column and run the cable from column underneath the driver's side trim and underneath the seat.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
that should work fine, you can also run it down the side of the car if you want, just pull up the door trims, they are held in by clips, just pull straight up so you don't break any. and use a grommet on the drill hole for the pwower wire to be safe, so the metal from the firewall doens't cut the wire up and short it out.

- Scott

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh yeah it may sound redundant but on the stock wire setup fom the kicker panels i assume that white is positive and grey is negative

1 - 10 of 10 Posts