Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello! Just bought my 2011 a couple weeks ago, and I can't wait to get my system reinstalled. The amp I had was mounted to the box, but I want to show it off in this car. Would having the amp in front of the subs cause any foreseeable issues?

Thank you in advance for any input.

**Edit**
By the way, the subs are 15" Crossfire BMFs being pushed by a 1400 watt Crossfire amp. My concern is that this would be enough power to vibrate the covering for the spare space and cause damage to the amp.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
It should be fine if that is what you want.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really want to mount it to one of the sides of the trunk, but I don't have the time or materials for such a project. :(

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
I really want to mount it to one of the sides of the trunk, but I don't have the time or materials for such a project. :(
1/2" MDF, 7 bucks of carpet and an 8 buck can of Super 77?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Issue = shioty access to spare

I pulled these from my Eclipse, where they covered the entire hatch floor. Had a blowout and getting to the spare was NOT fun. But I get free roadside or a free tow, along with a new tire if I have a blowout and the tire was still good.

I plan on making a custom box with spare access later down the road either way. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts