Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got 2 amps in my 99' hatchback lying on the floor of the boot, where is the best and safest place to mount the amps so i could free up some space in my boot, i would also appreiciate it if any of u guys could show me some pics of your amp mounts, cheers[thumb]

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
^^ best way to do it, unless you want to build a custom setup outta fiberglass or something.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Back seats is the best place I think. I've got 3 amps there.

I used 12mm MDF and screw them to the seats then put some carpet on it. After that screw the amps on the MDF using short screw (maybe the ones that come with the amp). Be careful not to reach the back seat metal.

Cable mess have been rearranged. [wiggle]

--> PIC <--

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Like this:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I prefer the sides so you can lay the seat down and not worry about the amp/s.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Here's my setup....it's kinda like Focusincali's with the amp mounted on the side so the seats can fold down (gotta fit my skiing crap in there....).

·
Registered
461 Posts
pkmgarf; where'd you get that box!? brand/model? I need to re-arrange my stuff, it's a nightmare of cabling ... These setups look awesome guys!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
^^^^I built the box. The back of it is made of fiberglass with a chicken wire frame and matches the panel on the inside of the hatch. The magnet for the sub sits in that indent on the left side of the hatch. The front half of the box is made out of MDF, and then coverend it in carpet.

It took a long time to build, but I'm happy with the results and it sounds great.

·
Registered
235 Posts
thats exactly what I wanted to do with my amp, but my amp is monsterous and wont fit. So I have to figure out where I want it mounted since my system is going in on Tuesday.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I don't think my amp would fit there either, not to mention the indent seemed like a perfect place for the sub's magnet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mount your amp under your driver or passengers seat like I did. It will fit w/14" x d/19"x h/3". I had enough room to fit a 1 farad capacitor too. Plus your underseat vent will keep it cool also. You might wanna take out the seats before you do this. Test fit is always a first before you start. Style points are added here because the wires are all hidden. The only wire you might have minor trouble with is your sub wire(s). Pics coming soon....

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
well, since mine AMP was so small, I had it put under the pass. seat:

Kicker 8" in stock Box:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts