Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
amp install question *pics added*

ok...i need to know where to run the power cable through to get to the battery through the fire wall and how do i run the cables in the car to where they aren't seen???? pictures would help alot if posible!!!

thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Can't remember how long ago it was but if you search here on the site, there is a picture of the best place to run the wiring.

I can't really explain it without pics.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
personally i don't like to run wires up where the hood joint/hinge is at because it's more prone to wear and possibly getting damaged. It's worth a little extra time and patience to run the wire through the firewall by drilling a hole, you can drill a hole just to the left of where the steering wheel stuff goes through the firewall and gets protected by a plastic object. you can drill right on the rim of it or right next to it and you should be fine, a grommet is probably a good thing to use too but i didn't. and you should run the power wire on one side of the car and the rca's on the other side so taht no noise is induced into the system. my power wire is on the right with the remote turn on wire while my 2 sets of rca's run on the right side. i just pulled up the trim and stuck them in the carpet. can't tell there there. good luck with your install,

- Scott

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MyNavyZX3 said:
I ran mine w/o drilling. I'll take some pics of it tomorrow and post them.
cool...thanks!!!!

and another question i have is where do i run the speaker cable from the amp under my passenger seat to my subs in the hatch area????

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the input guys....got it done just a few minutes ago[thumb] [thumb] !!!!!
i will post pics later...when it's daylight.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
here ya go!!! and yes it's messy, but it does the job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts