Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Got a 05 st with the audiophile system. it had a 6 disk changer and obviously it gave out. I have a couple of questions that all relate to me wanting the sub to work well

1 is there any way i can swap the actual cd drive from the six disk and put in a spare single disk mp3 from another 05 focus we have?

2. if not then how can i set up my aftermarket unit with the amp and sub? its a sony xplode with bluetooth capabilities, but it does not have the red and white inputs as many stereos have i already have the harness and everything

3. i have attempted to install it and all but the sub sounds distorted and theres too much audio coming from it.

4. can i have the amp and sub connected to the single disk player? it doesnt have the amp connection though and with hopefully not buying any products?

[ffrocks]

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
nothing much you can do with the factory radio really...you have the first generation sony head unit that came with bluetooth but no rca preouts which i thought was retarded....the harness you bought for your car should have one large harness and a small harness with 2 blue white wires and a pair of rca's... you are going to have to pick up a headunit that has atleast one set of rca preouts for your sub. it will sound a lot better since most subwoofer preouts on aftermarket head units will have a low pass filter on them so it only plays the low sub bass frequencies

1 - 4 of 4 Posts