Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again guys and gals.

here's the problem. i have 2 12" Rockford fostgate state 2's and i love them.
for an amy i am using a kenwood mono model 9102 or something like that.
IT THUMPS!
the problem.
i dont really listen to music that thumps, i would rather have a good bass sound that a thump. i think i need to go with like a 2 channel amp or something, but i'm not sure what i need to get a good sound instead of thump, thump thump. ya know

any help would be awsome. looking to spend around $200 to fix this problem.
thanks
-Jon-

P.S. is it ok to mount the amp upside down?

·
Registered
563 Posts
An amp will not change the sound. Power is power, reguardless of the amp. If you don't like the way it sounds, change the subs to a sound quality subwoofer.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Remind us, are you running stock speakers? Or aftermarket? amped?

If you are just running a sub, then you are missing a lot of midbass from the main speakers. So the sub will really stand out. You can also play around with the sub level output to make it quieter to blend in better. And you can adjust the LP frequency crossover point as well.

After that, you can change the box size by adding wood inside (secured) to make the subs sound tighter instead of boomy.

That brings up another point, is the box sealed, ported, or bandpass?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Basically what inCali said, get some better mids and highs in your doors. An after market cd player? and run a sealed box(if you are not already)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've got an eclipse HU, Boston Acoustics 5x7's in the doors, a kenwood class d amp, 2 12" rockford fosgate stage 2's in a sealed box.

the thing is, the amp i have responds from 40-200 Hz. if i got one that responded from lets say 40-400 would it give more mids?

also would it help if i got an amp for my door speakers?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Do what DB said, drop the crossover point to 80Hz. And turn the bass level down. Don't have any loudness or bass boost on either.

With any system, it take a while to dial it all in. Keep playing with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts