Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added some VW style ambient lights and a auto dimming temp and compass mirror to the SVT. It took a bit of testing to get the light to just give a subtle green glow down on the shifter area, not too bright at all just enough. Ill hook up the temp sensor for the mirror when it get about 8F out side, LOL. Too cold to play around under the front bumper. I have the on-star mic set up to work with the blue tooth of my stereo.

I know the holes for the lights are a bit off, ill do better next time, this is just a prototype.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to SVT Interior Mods. section.

Nice looking job, add a few "extras" to the car.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
Nice, I added an auto dimming temp compass mirror (w/o Onstar) to my car a few years ago. I don't know how I lived without it, lol.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice. It reminds me of the red ambient cabin LED lights that were on my dad's older Audi A6. It's one of the few features of the car I really liked. The light output was perfect.

Audi Examples A6

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
Red is the best color for this type of ambient lighting because you won't loose your night vision with red. Astronomers use red flashlights for this reason.

The performance Foci in Europe had ambient lights in the dome. Submarine lights they call them.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Red is the best color for this type of ambient lighting because you won't loose your night vision with red. Astronomers use red flashlights for this reason.

The performance Foci in Europe had ambient lights in the dome. Submarine lights they call them.
Do you know if that unit will clip into the US cabin light socket? The shape looks similar.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
Do you know if that unit will clip into the US cabin light socket? The shape looks similar.
Plug and play. (I think there is a tiny bit of wiring for the sub light version)

Here's mine, it's the dime a dozen version w/o sub lights. I experimented with swapping one of the alarm sensors with a Bluetooth mic. I Got mixed results.

It looks possible to make the alarm sensors function with an aftermarket alarm pretty easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts