Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our new car! Candy Blue SEL Hatchback!

One thing that we missed during the pickup, however, was that the ambient lighting does not seem to be working in the driver side door. Is this an option what I could change, or is this something I need to take to the dealer?

Overall, still thrilled with the car through.

It drives well, no body alignment issues, and no slipping or shuddering so far in the transmission. :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
I would think you have to go back to the dealer. I don't think you can turn it off. Check and see if there is a bulb in the light and if it is blown or not.

Anyone else know if this is an option you can turn off?

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I doubt that it is a buld...They are leds and both the lighting in the door handle and in the map pocket is not working. I bet that it is a loose connection in the wiring harness or something like that.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
you can turn off the lighting but it will still come on when you open the door, its kind of a visibility aid... so yea it should definitely be working.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sometimes there's loose connections, like you said ScooterSES, just go back to the dealer. I had a loose connection in my driver footwell and it was fixed in a jiffy.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have the same problem. The door latch LED works, but the cubby hole does not. It's been like that since Day 1, told the dealership, they pulled open my door and looked around, decided to order the part so it must not have just been a loose connection.

When was your build date?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congratulations on the new wheels! Good color choice; if I do say so, myself! [;)]

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same problem. The door latch LED works, but the cubby hole does not. It's been like that since Day 1, told the dealership, they pulled open my door and looked around, decided to order the part so it must not have just been a loose connection.

When was your build date?
October 4th.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I had to buy a SE to have a manual tranny.. Sure wish I could have gotten a higher model. Saw the led lights in a SEL sedan at a drive up custard stand and was like JEEZ i wish i had those...[wave]

·
Registered
548 Posts
October 4th.
August 23rd here, so it's probably not a question of dates but rather something else. Take it to the dealership, have them replace it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The ambient lighting only comes on in the dark so make sure that you try that.

I posted a YouTube video on the ambient lighting feature.

My YouTube username is: EveryDayCarry14

Titled 2012 Ford Focus Ambient Lighting.

Good luck with the lighting problem, I'm sure it'll be a quick fix for ya ; )

·
Registered
548 Posts
It only comes on at night, and every other led does, but not the drivers door cubby hole.

It should also turn red when open, even during the day. The door latch does, again, the cubby hole does not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts