Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres my idea-- i would like to disable the amber running light that is in my grill but has anybody ran into any probs with it.. im scarred to do it -- i think i might want to go back and be screwed so........ i dont know what to do-- are the considerd part of being the lighting system and therfore have to be on while the headlight is on

thanks

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would like to keep the blinker
but yeah if it will keep the blinker workin i will but...... who knows --are there any tricks?
thanks

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
oh i forgot you guys have to use them as blinkers,

well umm i duno I cant help lol sorry

·
Registered
97 Posts
according to one of the tech articles on here, if you cut the MIDDLE WIRE on the harness, it will disable the parking light but still keep the blinker. cut it two inches or so back of the harness so you can patch it back up if you want. let me find it and i'll post the link.

EDIT:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070814172623/www.teamfocus.us/lightdelete.htm

right click -> select all to see text.

Reactions: fhh02a

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
i done it and i live in texas to but havnt been pulled over yet. just cut the middle wire but leave enough slack in it so u can connect it back if u have to.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
if you cut the wire make sure to put a crimp cap or somethin on the car side of the wire to keep it from grounding out if it hits anything

1 - 8 of 8 Posts