Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
The weapon r is slightly cheaper than the cost of the cosworth and so much better looking than all the intakes I've seen.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Those work on the '08+ cars^^^

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yep bought same off Ebay and polished up- looks fine. Engine not in yet from rebuild waiting on bigger turbo.
Weapon R- I bought one and returned, doesn't work unless drive by wire TB.
Too bad it was stunning pretty

Attachments

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
That motor looks great. 20 or 23?

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
And its over priced ! The cosi knock off can be bought for under 200.00 look around a little more , the knock off with a little labor is a good intake

Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
And its over priced ! The cosi knock off can be bought for under 200.00 look around a little more , the knock off with a little labor is a good intake

Tom

I would think that if someone stole some of your tunes and was distributing copies at a discounted rate you would be much more enthusiastic about intellectual property.

·
Registered
495 Posts
No infringement on a product that has no patent. Patents in automotive performance parts are pretty rare. In the end you get what you pay for. Most times the cheaper reproduction parts may not fit 100%. But with a small amount of work they work just as well. You pay more for the brand name, not R&D like people like to claim.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am happy to pay extra to get a product that support the company that actually put the time and effort into developing it.

My rationale for this is: I want aftermarket companies to continue to support my platform. I realize that cosworth hasn't stopped making the manifold, but have you noticed that they also aren't making specific parts to support the current ST? (I do realize that some of their original duratec parts are compatible.) Have you also noticed that the other cars they support (WRX/STI, EVO, 370Z, 350Z, BRZ/FR-S) are the same genre of performance car as the ST in terms of the segment of the market that they appeal to?

In short:
I like Cosworth.
They make cool parts.
They have a significant racing history.
I want them to keep developing stuff for my car.
I buy their stuff and not some Chinese knockoff garbage.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I am happy to pay extra to get a product that support the company that actually put the time and effort into developing it.

My rationale for this is: I want aftermarket companies to continue to support my platform. I realize that cosworth hasn't stopped making the manifold, but have you noticed that they also aren't making specific parts to support the current ST? (I do realize that some of their original duratec parts are compatible.) Have you also noticed that the other cars they support (WRX/STI, EVO, 370Z, 350Z, BRZ/FR-S) are the same genre of performance car as the ST in terms of the segment of the market that they appeal to?

In short:
I like Cosworth.
They make cool parts.
They have a significant racing history.
I want them to keep developing stuff for my car.
I buy their stuff and not some Chinese knockoff garbage.
I feel like I'd probably be able to find way more Chinese knockoff parts of those cars/models you mentioned above though than the Focus. I will give anyone making parts for the Focus a nod/consideration though, not like there are tons of companies willing to make us stuff.

Its like saying the I shouldnt support/use FSWerks because their header is pretty much the same design as the Cosworth header. Not exactly the same thing since i cant readily find a new Cosworth header but where do you draw the line? I'd love to have all Cosworth parts but I will take what i can get if its well made/proven to help

·
Registered
31 Posts
The FS Werks header is different in my mind because they started manufacturing it AFTER cosworth stopped making theirs. FS Werks is also different because they make a variety of parts for the Focus and are not just making knockoffs.

On a side note, I also have a cosworth header/flex that I'd be willing to part with :)

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
On a side note, I also have a cosworth header/flex that I'd be willing to part with :)
[:)] if i didnt have a fswerks one sitting in my garage waiting to go on i would be tempted [hihi]

I am mostly just playing devils advocate, i only have fswerks parts...as far as power mods go. I'm not in the market for this intake, as it doesnt make sense for me yet but i would consider it

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
The knock off isnt garbage , yes you have to do a little work but for saving 500.00 well worth it

To justify FS making a copy of the cosworth just because cosworth didnt make it any more is silly and only a way for you to feel better about owing a knock off product , its still a knockoff

Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
The knock off isnt garbage , yes you have to do a little work but for saving 500.00 well worth it

To justify FS making a copy of the cosworth just because cosworth didnt make it any more is silly and only a way for you to feel better about owing a knock off product , its still a knockoff

Tom
So, How far does that logic go Tom? Is any ECU tune good if the buyer is willing to do a little work to clean it up?

Frankly, your stance on this is most disappointing. As you are someone who actually makes things for our cars I would think that you would have an appreciation for companies that create their own stuff.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts