Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Autozone today for a new HID low beam bulb (as some might know one started changing colors.) They have an exact replacement for $100 a bulb! Thats crazy. I went online and found this place

http://www.hidoutlet.net/hid-xenon-bulbs/d2s-hid-bulb.html

They have the same thing for $24 and 1 year warranty. Thats probably too good to be true. Anyone have any experience with that place?

Also found this place. Basically wheres a pretty good place to get some bulbs?

http://www.plasmagarage.com/XENON-bulbs.html

Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had an HID kit on my 04 WRX and one of the bulbs went out after a week. I went to Checker/O'Rielly and a replacement was $75/each. HID are expensive for sure. Bought some cheap ebay replacements for $60/set and worked like a dream.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Think he is talking about replacing the bulb in his oem hids, Honestly I think that link you posted is legit but maybe someone with more experience can help verify this

·
low n slow
2,163 Posts
i love my ddm kit so far theyve been great and ive never had any flicker like people do with other cheap kits. shipping sucked though took almost a month. i think our local autozone told me like 125 a piece for the low beam bulbs. but if you think thats bad try pricing ballasts through autozone

·
Da fofo love remains
1,538 Posts
I sell the whole kit for $55 and single bulbs for $18. You pay shipping. <--This is normal wholesale or online deal prices. $75 is WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to much homie.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Theretrofitsource sells phillips d2s (factory)bulbs. And phillips+ 300 lm brighter for around $95 apair. The factory bulbs usually warm up quickly vs aftermarket bulbs. They also have morotos(I think) for $45 a pair.

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never knew that HID blubs were that much. I was walking in and expecting to pay like $40 for a set. I decided to go with a set of Halos that I found on Amazon for like $60, got them in 8000K. Took me forever to decide between 6000K or 8000K [hihi]

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
like lamps or bulbs? idk about bulbs but halo headlamps if that's what you got will have no ware near as good of quality of your mach headlights

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
if you got them for 60. i would say not. but good luck

of course we are talking headlamps here.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Oh ok, lol thought you were talking about the halo headlights, I never knew there was a brand of bulb called halo. let us know how they work out!

·
Registered
220 Posts
the DDM kit i had was pretty good, just be willing to wait for 2 weeks to a month, it takes FOREVER to get through customs, i remember checking usps every day seeing if they got through yet

·
Country Static
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the Halo 8000k bulb set today, and used my time after school to install. I think they look great and are nice and bright! [headbang]

Heres a few pics

^low beam

^high beam

I think the passenger side needs to be adjusted a little, but thats a later date.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts