Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
Take another pic with the second pic damage. Top pic damage OK. On your new pic, shoot at a low angle and across the bore so the damage is on the OTHER side of bore so we can easier tell how low on cylinder wall it extends. Your second pic is not clear as to how far the damage extends at both block top and how deep it goes into the hole.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for answering, the only damage on the second pic that I see is the 2 little niks on the top of the piston, the walls looked fine to me, bought it with coolant in the cylinders

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Thanks for answering, the only damage on the second pic that I see is the 2 little niks on the top of the piston, the walls looked fine to me, bought it with coolant in the cylinders
Was there something bouncing around in that cylinder or ?

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had to have been, bought the car without hearing it running, dude said it was smoking something fierce so he parked it and didn’t want to start it for me

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Had to have been, bought the car without hearing it running, dude said it was smoking something fierce so he parked it and didn’t want to start it for me
What did you buy?

Paul

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
On second pic draw a line through the two nicks and the silver splotch the line bisects, I though I was supposed to be looking at that like some kind of a strike mark. Apparently not.

The nicks aren't spit.

Reactions: pace77

·
FF Affiliate
30,766 Posts
Just going by the pictures and those small nicks your fine , use the SVT OEM stock head gasket , ARP head bolts and put it back together

Why did you remove the head ?

Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took the plugs out to check them and saw coolant laying on the pistons, also there was a bunch of oil laying in the bottom of the intake manifold, I could see it through the throttle body

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I took the plugs out to check them and saw coolant laying on the pistons, also there was a bunch of oil laying in the bottom of the intake manifold, I could see it through the throttle body
Did all the cylinders have coolant in them or only this one with the marks in the CC and on the piston?

Could you tell if the head had been off before?

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3 out of 4 had coolant in them, i can’t tell if it’s ever been replaced, also, Tom does that mean I need to replace the pcv?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Not seeing ford anywhere on it, so I’m assuming it’s not View attachment 307376
Actually if you look closely it has a Ford pn near the top edge above the second cylinder from the right: 978M-6051-AC. Still doesnt guarantee that the head was never off before.

Paul

·
FF Affiliate
30,766 Posts
3 out of 4 had coolant in them, i can’t tell if it’s ever been replaced, also, Tom does that mean I need to replace the pcv?
You can replace the PCV , Me... I eliminate them from going back to the intake so no oil gets in , even a new PCV will cause oil in the intake

Tom

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I’ll go that route with it, thank you for the advice, another thing... the previous owner had a custom exhaust installed, The header is 4 into 1 instead of the factory set up, does this make any difference at all? Probably a dumb question but I want my svt to be as factory correct as possible

1 - 20 of 31 Posts