Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like an idiot, i cut off my other muffler the other night and it is loud as HELL! i need to know what exaust is the best for autocross since that is what i want to do. please make some CHEAP suggestions, and if anyone has a used exaust, let me know PLEASE.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
can you say fart can ?

what is the budget...
try ebay...
key words: Focus magnaflow

you will se an compleat exhaust system for 290
or less...
good luck...

joel

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know, i know, i just don't want to hurt my engine. i was told the exaust ports would freeze up from carbon or somthing. i am trying to spend around 100 bux.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
well man go to a muffler shup and ask them what they have in stock !

Joel

·
Registered
337 Posts
If your looking for a whole catback system then 100 wont cover it! But if you just want noise coming out of your car then try ebay they sell all kinds of universal exhaust for around 40-80$

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, i want it to be quite. will the open exhaust hurt the valves as i was told? if so, what is the cheapest thing to do to fix it till i can get a whjole new exhaust?

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
think i may get a supertrap. what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not having a muffler will not hurt your valves.. It is when you have a leak at the header-to-head that can cause problems. Don't expect to pick up any power by just replacing the muffler. You need to do atleast a catback, and if you can eventually do the entire exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
There is no cheap way of doing the exhaust on the focus, you either spend the money on a new catback or you don't do anything at all, sry bud, that's how it is. Magnaflows can be bought for 240ish off ebay +shipping, if you can't afford to put that on your car, i can't see how you could afford to autocross or any type of sport oriented driving. solo, drag, whatever.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
a ebay muffler wont make it any quieter.... try to find a stock focus muffler or take it to a shop and have them weld it back up till u can get catback

·
Registered
134 Posts
Any muffler shop can weld the old one back on for $10-$20. Then cough up the cash for the Magnaflow. [:D]

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
EuroZX3Focus said:
Go with an HKS Cat-back! haha = )
hks sux? my friend is trying to sell me his for 150....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts