Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
read this thread and tell me if i am just stupid, confused or not. they are saying that a bone stock 2.3 is slow. i defend it and then they think that im saying im better than anything...read this and let me know if im wrong.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85314

im not trying to say that im all holy and mighty, but geez. maybe i am dumb [dunno]

·
RespectMyAuthoritah!
7,104 Posts
Me being a Zetec guy, i understand what they're saying and i understand what you're saying. With a good driver, which this guy in question was not, a 2.3 duratec can run with an SVT. Keep in mind that the SVT isn't a 1/4 mile Monster. It's gearing and power band make it an Auto X Killing Machine. Depending on where the cars are located can also effect 1/4 times as well.

Basically, what's being said in the post is that a guy in a Saleen Focus stop by, thought he was the Sh!t, took off and trying to show off and made a a$$ of himself. From what the poster was sayin, is that he can't drive and can loose to a ATX Saturn Ion.

What LastRites is stating is that he hasn't run up against a Focus 2.3 Duratec yet to get a good opinion yet, but he's modded. So up against a pretty much stock Duratec, he should win no problem......

In all actually, the Focus is a generally slow car. Come on 15+ second 1/4 mile? That's nothing. Break into the 13's then there's something to talk about. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i'm on your side....the guy prob didnt know how to drive. i wnt to kennedale a couple of months back, before my motor swap, i have an automatic 2.3(04). i raced both a cobalt and an 06 ion and beat them both, multiple times.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I love my focus but agree stock it is not a power house but I still love her and mabye some day with enough mods it might be alright

1 - 4 of 4 Posts