Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 years ago on 9/11 a tragedy hit America. It was on that day that I decided to give back to my community. I soon after switched from wanting a business degree to wanting to protect innocent citizens. I had been toying with the idea of becoming a cop previous to this. I decided to contact a friend who is a local police officer. He suggested that I sign up for the borough's citizen police academy. I did. for two years I did ride alongs, dui check points, responded to accidents, went on police calls, chased down a drug dealer, arrested a thief, learned patrol procedures, cpr and first aid, police communications, arrest skills, shooting applications with various weapons and most importantly served the people of the community. It was the best two years of my life. I decided after to sign up for the county run police academy. i submitted my application and was ready for a future as a cop. I was accepted for testing. I reported for week 1 which was mental testing. passed and made it to the second and final test....the physical aptitude test. all day long we were tested to the limits. the last test of the day was a 1.5 mile run that had to be completed in 13.5 minutes. halfway into the run, a muscle in my right leg from the knee to my ankle seperated from bone and left me in severe pain. i hopped off the track and to my mustang and drove to the hospital. was told that they didnt want to operate and that the best thing to do is to rest and let the muscle heal naturally. i tried a few times to get my leg to where it needs to be, but each time i still have some intolerable pain. ive taken away from this many things, qualities, friends, memories, nightmares, skills, etc. i am now a reserve officer for a local PD in the event of a huge event. i also oversee vehicle maintenance for 2 local PA State police barracks (make sure vehicles are securely maintained and safe for patrol/pursuit.

anywho, 9/11/01 will always be a part of who i am. i went out on 9/11/11 and took some pics in reverence of this 10 year mark.

here is to the fallen, to the brave, to the innocent, to the heros!

GOD BLESS THE USA!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Nice photos man.

·
Godspeeding
2,008 Posts
Inspiring story Will! I love passing that house with the "lets roll" sign. What is the black circle? Great pics

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Sorry to hear about Your knee, but I'm glad to know that You are happy just to be involved and not getting down about not getting to kick in a crack dealers' door...yet. Hopefully You rehab fully and can someday take the test again, if You so choose. Beautiful pics, by the way.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
Nice photos and story.

I like the ladder and flag tribute.

-Ray-

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Inspiring story Will! I love passing that house with the "lets roll" sign. What is the black circle? Great pics
Black circle is a 9/11 tribute in concrodville, pa at the firehouse

Sorry to hear about Your knee, but I'm glad to know that You are happy just to be involved and not getting down about not getting to kick in a crack dealers' door...yet. Hopefully You rehab fully and can someday take the test again, if You so choose. Beautiful pics, by the way.
i wont take the test again. i have however completed the testing on my own to see if id pass....i would. ive made some great friends and connections in law enforcement. the short two years of what i was able to do will be with me the rest of my life. i loved being there to help and serve. as a reservist, i may get called in to help in the event of an emergency, but for the peoples sake they wont have that situation.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
josh,

do i get points for standing in the middle of route 202 for the let's roll picture?

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
the TOWER (ladders without the bucket) is awesome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts