Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who on here has ordered this? I know alot of you bought them from other places, but without a tune, do you really notice any benefits from switching the TB? I drive a 2013 se 5 speed w/ air raid intake and borla exhaust( no resonator)& no tune !

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Tune should really be one of the first mods. Makes the most difference, and keeps your car safe.

·
FF Affiliate
30,355 Posts
And if you get my Custom Tune you get free lifetime unlimited free Tune updates as you add more mods and my Custom Tune cost more then the TB but you also get WAY more from the Custom Tune

There is little to no gain from the larger TB , Wonder why there adding a short wiring harness ? Nice kit , helps so people dont have to go find parts and its in a kit

Tom

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't think the throttle body is a bottleneck currently in our cars but that didn't stop me from doing the swap. Like previously stated, it shouldn't make any difference in power

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
I don't think the throttle body is a bottleneck currently in our cars but that didn't stop me from doing the swap. Like previously stated, it shouldn't make any difference in power
I've seen gains on the Forced Induction ST which make sense but for the naturally aspirated MK3 gains are gonna be microscopic if any.

I did the TB swap for fun sake since it was cheap. I don't think replacing my stock aged TB was a bad idea in the long run :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts