Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to put Altezza-type tail lights on my Focus (4DR sedan, black). Now, I know from reading previous threads that many people here will say to just keep the stock tail lights in, but I don't want the stock tail lights, I want to pick up some of the clear Altezza-style ones. [;)]

That being said, I've heard that APC isn't all that great. So, can you point me in the right direction for a good brand? And, if you ordered them online, a good site to go through?

Also, how difficult is it to swap out the tail light assemblies? Is it pretty much plug-n-play or is there something else I have to do?

If possible, someone who's gone through the process, could you quickly describe how to take the lights out? Details aren't necessary, just a general idea.

It's much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
TYC is a little better, and ebay is always a goo dplace to start.

don't let the opinions of others keep you from doing what you want to do with your car. it's your car, not ours.

Mike

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Apc is good for tail lights i think.But try to stay away from cheap looking tail lights light carwear there tail light are very cheap looking.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have not put any in but i think there is a screw or two betwen the side ove the light and the hatch they shoud pop out and you plug your new ones in and reinstall not hard at all.Some apc stuff is crap but like i said i think there tail lights are pretty good.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have altezza's on my ZX5, and I had them on a neon a while back, I like the way they look. They are pretty simple to install... just un do all the screws on your old lights and plug and play for the most part.. I've only had APC's and I had great luck so far. Got em off ebay for good money.. shop around though.. good luck!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Just don't get the ones off ebay (Alien eye-type ones.) I had them on my ZX3 once and they leaked and the weatherstripping came off.

Go check out www.focusperformance.com. I think there are some pretty neat looking ones for the sedan on there.

·
Registered
419 Posts
the only complaint i hav for tys is that u can use the black washers that hold thwe stocjk tails on, they give u a set of washers, u hav to be carefule when putting thm on casue the nut can fall off while ur screwing it and get lost in the chassis

·
Registered
793 Posts
hey chad, i have the altezzas for the sedan for sale, email me at [email protected]!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Focusperformance is a great place to look. For a black focus, I like the euro's with the black or carbon fiber housing. Check it out you may like it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
the TYC oens looke a HELL of alot better than those damned altezza's, im paitng over mine

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
don't go altezza in my opinion. look for something else. if you don't want your stocks, get something other than altezza.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree with you Focusonthefocus. Alteezas are kinda played out. Every neon, maxima and civic out there has them.

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
chadness, the only opinion that should matter is yours. its your car, if you want altezzas, put um on. dont listen to these guys, they have their own cars to play with.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
as a suggestiong.. i see that you have a black focus.. maybe.. since your unsure.. go with apc alteezas and maybe tint them a bit so there not as obvious.. just a suggestion?

·
Registered
175 Posts
im getting the altezzas and i think they are one of a kind for the focus maybe not neons or civics but not too many people around my area even had tuner cars in the first place.

make your car unique the way you want it not what everyone else thinks or does, then no one will notice your ride.

like instead of getting lambo doors cause i see them everywhere, get butterfly doors(off topic but same difference)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts