Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving to school on Friday, and everything was going fine. At one point during the trip I noticed the battery light turn on but it turned off after a couple seconds. MY car does that sometimes so I was like ok thats normal. Then about 5 miles later, my gauges all died, ABS light turned on as well as battery light. The engine was still running, but sputtering, so i pulled of into the closest parking lot. Turned off the car, tried to turn it back on, just the clicking of the starter. So I called my friend for a jump, so he hooks up and the car starts right up. So off I go, then about another mile, gauges died again, ABS and battery light. So pissed off I pull over again. Same thing, no juice in battery, just the starter clicking, so the same friend came and jumped me again and this time I made sure I kept the revs up over 2500 so the it didnt die. Got to the school called the dad. He came started it right up and brought it to the ford dealership. What do you guys think it could be? He said it was fine to the dealership. There was little corrosion on the battery terminals and all the grounds seem to be fine. Any ideas? Sorry for the long read![?|]

·
Registered
308 Posts
OMG! im having the same problem! but my car doesnt sputter, it just shuts off... and my trip and odometer turn to dashes.... and it will not start. lol, and u feel it start to die when the rpms are low or when u are shifting gears? like its dying and not getting enough power?

·
Registered
308 Posts
I talked to some guy i work with who is a mechanic.... he said that it could be the fuel pump. My aunt said she had the same problems and replaced the pump and it was fine after. So I am going to replace mine and its a complete bitch to do. Gotta take off the whole gas tank :/ but i will post if it helps any.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had this happen. Just an alternator was shot. The battery light didn't come on to warn me it went out either. But each case is unique..so they'll have to see what it is

1 - 6 of 6 Posts