Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is the right place, Well my alt. is bad i dont know why but it is. So im buying a new one from the dealership. Anyways is there a easy way of removing this? Is it pretty straight forward or is there something i need to do like unbolt the motor mount? Help is very appreciated!!! Thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
DON'T BUY FROM A DEALERSHIP!!!!!!!!!! Just go to an auto parts store and it will probably be like half the price.

·
Banned
2,334 Posts
DON'T BUY FROM A DEALERSHIP!!!!!!!!!! Just go to an auto parts store and it will probably be like half the price.
OMG dont buy from the steeler!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^ hes right. i hope you read this in time. you will save yourself so much $$$ by not going to the dealer.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i called speedway auto parts they have it listed for a rebuilt $160 or so with a $40 core, but the could not get one. Same with autozone it was $190 rebuilt with a $50core wich they didnt have. So i called the dealership for a brand new it is $230 with a $75 core. Which im not mad but how can you not have one or you cant get one

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
and the aftermarket ones come with a lifetime warranty...

but no you're not in the right place, this is for performance chat, you want technical issues

·
Registered
172 Posts
ok here i go. I just did my 2005 ST 2.3L
1.)remove radiator res. & power steer res.
2.)Remove bolts from heat shield bolt there approx. 8
3.)pull wiring up and off the valve cover move away...oh yea and the resistor"little black box with two wires.
4.)jack car up and remove drive belt cover. reach in and unbolt bottom bolts,Also remove vent tube on alt.
5.) Unbold top bolt and unbolt 3bolts on motor mount on right side fender area.
6.)jack up motor from oil pan "block of wood" and get under car and unbolt poss termanal 10mm nut. and unplug. i found it easyer to pull from bottom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts