Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so the 175A fuse in my alt to bat cable blew ( think it was because i jumped my explorer ) anyways i called ford for the part they ordered it i whent to pick it up and the fuse thing inside it was only 160A (wich is for the 2.0L) so he checked the part # on the box and it matched the ford motorcraft part # in the comp. comp. said its a 175A so he called the ford motorcraft ware house and they said the others on the shelf had 160A's also so the fird parts guy called the ford engineers and they said it has to be 175A so turns out the closest one is in Detroit Mich.!!! i need my car now and its gana be till like next tuesday or wednesday possibly any one have any ideas of somewere i might find that cable i already checked the local junk yards. also i was wondering if i got a 175A fuse for like a sub or amp or somthing and got a fuse holder for it could i wire that in for now were the built in fuse thing was?

if your wondering the car is a 2003 SE 2.3L

·
Scuba Edition
1,694 Posts
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if its 160a or 175a since the alternator is only 110a.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts