Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched for 2 hours and never found this question asked.

Are the regular Zetec and the SVT's alternator the same?

reason why mine has died and I am trying to source one here from work. and they do not have a part number listed for the SVT but they have one for the the regular zetec.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Far as I know they are, I know the bracket is different, but I never heard of the actual alt. being different. Even if it is I can't see why they wouldn't interchange.

Actually I bet if there is a part # difference it is just something with pulley size.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well that is an easy change. just swap pulleys. hmm I think the one I may be getting may be a High output one that is if the actual part number is correct.

I looked on NOdata. I mean alldata and they have the same part number listed for both. saying that is correct.

98AZ10346EA

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Doesn't The Pully On The Svt Have Some Sort Of Clutch-ish Type Thing? When I Replaced Mine I Got One For The Regular Ztech And It Had A Fixed Pully And The One I Took Off The Car, The Pully Would Free-wheel Backwards. I Think Thats The Only Dif.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I will swap what I need to over. wont be a big deal.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
so jrod are they the same?

I need some answers cuz my alt just died on me

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have changed mine six times over the last two years and I can tell you they are the same for both vehicles. Last time I looked them up at a Ford dealer they gave me the same number and so did Autozone. Everytime I go to the Zone, I order one for the 2.0 DOHC ZETEC and everything is the same.

Reactions: PumkinSvt

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
nice thanks jk03svt rep to you

also do you have any helpful tips for me?

·
Registered
134 Posts
After I did it a few times, it was a breeze the other times. All you really need to remove or relocate is the power steering reservoir which I left connected but slid it out of the way. Also, you will need to set the water reservoir to the side as well. From there, it is a matter of unscrewing a couple more things like a ground wire and maybe something else and that should give you plenty of space to work with. When you get ready to replace it, I can send you pictures via pix message if you have a camera phone and show you what I disconnected and/or unscrewed to make it easier for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts