Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to this forum and wanted to know if anyone has had seen this problem before. I purchased my car about 2 years ago with 22000 miles on it and after 3 (months about 3200 miles) i noticed that the alternator bearing was making some noise so i brought it in to the dealership and they installed a new alternator. now after about 10000 miles it is doing it again. i checked and the belt doesn't seem loose or tight. any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
yea our cars have a great reputation with alternators i went through 4 in 6 months b4 from ford b4 i finally crawled through the engine bay i had a faulty ground that was passing 8 bolts through the engine it actually was shorting out to such a degree it was melting teh coper ground wires lol but al better now with the grounds connected better

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
buy a repair manuel

you can get um at your local auto parts store you will half to order the manuel from the the dealer but if you get a manuel life is so easy you can just fallow there step by step instructions everythings layed out right in front of you, ive repaired many things on my car with the chiltons repair manuel!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went to school for automotive and auto body so i used all the information i got from there. but i didn't know if any one else had the same issue and thought i would ask. thanks for all the info though i will go through and check my grounds again but the bearing on the pulley is goingt bad not the electrical portion itself.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I dont want open new topic, my battery light is on, its coming on after Rpm went back down when you start engine and only when is in neutral, dash light use to blink, but I have check battery and its betwen 13.5 and 14 when engine its on and off, alternator voltage is also good, I dont have any problems with start the engine even after week of realy low temp. what is that ?? some sort of sensor inside the alternator? ground? another bad mood of my car??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my car will do the same thing when i accelerate then come to a stop the rpms drop to about 500 or 600 but it never dies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts