Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the SVT will be the best NA alternative for my car. I am using an aftermarket ECU which raises the question of how to map it for the variable SVT cams. Or, are their aftermarket cams available for the SVT head that do not have the variable type? It would be much simpler to set up if it were not the present variocam arrangement. How many RPMs can such a motor turn? Any ideas on reliable HP & torque #s? I am looking to get about 230-240 HP with reasonable street characteristics. TIA for any help offered.

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
If you change your oil pump or get a cutom tune you can always increase your RPMs. But you need the internals strong enough to hold it as well as the block itself.

As for your cams, I don't recall reading or hearing anything about aftermarket ones for the SVT. The ones you have now are the best for it. You should get some adjustable cam gears and adjust the timing on both cams.

I'd recommend a SC or Turbo to meet your HP/TQ needs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The internals on the SVT are alledged to be much better than the stock zetec. Stock zetecs are good to around 8000 RPMs. FI is not suitable for my application.

I have adjustable cam gears on my ZX3, which I would replace. The general idea is that a better breathing head coupled with better internals would provide additional HP, if I can find the right parts to build the better motor.

I am hearing that the Ford Racing zetec head is designed for use with FI rather than NA. So, the best alternative seems like the SVT, if I can find.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts