Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the difference is like night and day I mean it's absolutely effing amazing a must have for those of us have really bad night vision and need to see better at night.

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
just a heads up the 55w kit is not designed for stock housings. could cause problems down the road

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you I can feel the heat emited from them I appreciate the heads up.......ever heard of someone melting the housings?

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
I have! Lol.. it was in my civic... 2000 EM1 Was using DDMs 55w kit.. I NEVER buy 55w HIDs

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Eventually I'll get around to installing my 55w kit into my projectors...

...eventually.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Eventually I'll get around to installing my 55w kit into my projectors...

...eventually.
Will your projector bowl hold up to that amount of heat with the 55W?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have a bi-xenon kit in my 08. 35w lo beam and 55w hi beam. But I dont need to use the high beams anyways. Next mod is projector lights.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Other people have successfully installed the DDM Tuning 55w kit in the same projector headlights. I would hope that mine wouldn't be any different!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I also just got my car inspected a few minutes ago, and when I asked if the tech if there were any laws in Massachusetts regarding headlight brightness, he simply replied, "I don't [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]in' know. I hope not, because then my truck is illegal! HAHAHAHA"

Totally made my day. These 55w bulbs and ballasts go in TONIGHT!

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Other people have successfully installed the DDM Tuning 55w kit in the same projector headlights. I would hope that mine wouldn't be any different!

I know that you'll be able to use the 55w kit but keep in mind that unless those projectors are made for use with only 35w kit and you install a 55w kit, you may run into problems down the road. The reflector bowl will end up warping and loosing the ability to "project" light through the lens.

I believe you have the eagle eyes projector which are halogen projectors, how is the light beam output with the HID kit?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yeah, they're not technically made for use with any HIDs...and by that I mean they came with halogens installed, as you mentioned.

As for beam cutoff, I realize that the HID bulbs are longer than halogens, and originally that created a slight light leak above the cutoff line. However, I used some washers as spacers, and was able to pull the bulb slightly back, which fixed the issue. Other than the slight possibility that I would be the first person to have 55w bulbs/ballast melt my projector, I know for a fact that my lights would be deemed legal based on beam cutoff.

This is my cutoff with 35w HIDs (I was on a hill when I took these):

This is from when I originally installed them with my fix:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I would also like to note that no one has ever flashed their high beams at me because my projectors do NOT get light in oncoming drivers' eyes.

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
i have had the 55W kit in my 08 for two years with no problems at all there is some heat off of it. IT WILL NOT MELT OR WARP THE STOCK HOUSING. they don't make much more heat than the 35w kit which i have tested as well

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Im not griming on the 55w HID kits. Im just giving you a heads up on what i've experienced with 55w kits.

I'll also inform you that the 55w kits tend to only last about 1/3 life span of a 35w. The brightness from a 55w will only last about few hundred hours and start to diminish and appear as a 35w.

2011 SE - That cutoff is pretty sharp! Has a little color to it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
i measured the beam temp without the projector lense on and it was 275 F[wrenchin] thats HOT!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
That's just a few degrees! I installed my 55w kit today (5000K) with the relay, so we'll see how it goes tonight!

Since I still have the setting from when I took those shots of my beam cutoff above, I'm totally going to do a side by side comparison so that we can see how much of a brightness difference there is.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
That's just a few degrees! I installed my 55w kit today (5000K) with the relay, so we'll see how it goes tonight!

Since I still have the setting from when I took those shots of my beam cutoff above, I'm totally going to do a side by side comparison so that we can see how much of a brightness difference there is.
Oh we all know they're be a MAJOR difference. Cant wait to see em bro!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts